A New Way to Treat Early Tooth Decay and Remove White Spots Without Drilling
Infiltration treatment with Icon
The principle of infiltration treatment is quite simple. A liquid resin is applied to the afflicted tooth, penetrating deep into the dental enamel where it hardens. What good does that do?
- Esthetically treat smooth surface white spots
- Arrest the progression of early stage interproximal caries
- Preserve healthy tooth structure
What causes tooth decay
What causes tooth decay? Bacteria that live in your mouth thrive on sugars and starches, producing acids as a result. These acids eat away at the enamel on your teeth, creating tiny holes or pores.
This eventually weakens the structure of the tooth, often appearing as a chalky white spot on the surface of the tooth. As the process progresses, decay forms that is traditionally treated by drilling and filling the tooth.
Icon is the breakthrough treatment that can…
- Stop early tooth decay from progressing before it needs to be “drilled and filled”
- Cosmetically remove white spots caused by early tooth decay, fluorosis or orthodontic treatment
However, Icon is only effective for treating tooth decay in early stages, or up to the first third of dentin. Tooth decay that has progressed beyond the early stage will need to have a conventional filling or other treatment.
Ask your dentist if you are a good candidate for treatment with Icon!